Top Christmas gift trends of 2019
'Tis the season... that Mariah Carey and Michael Bublé twinkle from sound systems in stores nationwide and we get a hankering to watch Love Actually for the 12th time and counting.
Yes, it's Christmas! That wonderful time of year when we celebrate the people we love most in the world.
This year at Joyable we're flipping the script. We're making Christmas giving easier, possibly cheaper, and definitely waaaaaaaay less stressful.
We're doing this by sharing our joyolicious platform, Joyable.co. Joyable is a fast, safe, easy and secure payment gateway that enables you, your family and friends to collaborate to buy just one gift for each person. It can be used for weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations and of course, Christmas to buy any gift in the whole wide world!!!!!!!!!
Yes... anything! Just look at what our Joyable founder Belinda ask from her family for her Sagittarius birthday and Christmas combined:
Top Christmas gift trends for 2019
At Joyable, because we LOVE our planet just as much as you do, we've turned our heads towards gifts that are great for us, our family and friends, and the environment with 3 top trends sweeping the globe.
1. Give fun experiences that create happy memories!
Happiness researchers have found that spending money on positive experiences, rather than more and more stuff, makes us happier and increases our sense of well-being.
But those experiences can still be things, just perhaps things that enable people to spend more time with others enjoying amazing shared experiences.
In New Zealand with summer on our doorstep, we reckon that some of the best gifts for little and big kids could be anything from boogie boards, skateboards, surfboards and boogie boards to bikes, trikes, scooters, skateboards, trampolines, and pretty much anything your imagination can think of!
But to kickstart your thinking, the Big Life Journal's 50 Experience Gift Ideas is a (Christmas) cracker!
2. Eco friendly gifts that make lives better!
We love that there are so many eco friendly brands to choose from. From fab sustainable, values-based brands with durable clothing, sportswear, accessories and homewares that give back to its workers and the environment, to planting trees and even adopting a wild pet!
Here are a couple of ideas to kickstart your thinking:
- Symbolically adopt a wombat, llama or turtle at WWO.
- Grab some sustainable fashion, accessories and homewares from Velvet Heart Beat, Wellmade Clothes, KowTow Clothing, Recreate Clothing, Humanity and Tentree that plants 10 trees for every item sold
- Or buy your loved ones enviromentally kind athleisure and sportswear from Lucke and We'Ar
- Pick up some bling from 4ocean which sells bracelets made of ocean plastic and for every product purchased it funds the removal of 1 pound (450g) of rubbish from our ocean coastlines
- Or donate trees to be planted at Trees That Count and Trees For The Future
- How about cute stocking fillers for home and play that are kind to the environment with AWWA Period Underwear, Earthware Wraps, S'Well drink bottles, Reusable Paper Towels, Reusable Shopping and Cooler Bags from Shut The Front Door, Città Chiller Bags for the supermarket, Ecosaint Reusable Produce Bags, JOJO Reusable Glass Coffee Cups from JOJO, and Sprout Pencils that grow into plants when you've finish using them and an electricity free Bamboo Speaker perfect for the beach.
If you or the person you're choosing for wants to be part of building a better world, we're all about it!
3. Create personalised items people will treasure forever!
What do you give the person who really does have everything? How about get creative with a quirky gift they'll love and keep forever or a subscription that gives them a burst of pleasure all year long.
Joyable is perfect when the family pools their funds together together to purchase just one fabulous, meaningful statement gift or subscription box that will create a mountain of happiness along the way!
Here are just a few of our faves:
- Immortalise your dog in a renaissance portrait at Crown & Paw
- Make your kids the hero of their own book at Wonderbly
- Get utterly adorable, handcrafted family caricatures on beautiful mugs made to last a lifetime at Uncommon Goods
- Rescue a pet and use Joyable to buy pet insurance form Pet-n-Sur or PetPlan
- Instead of giving a bottle of wine or hamper of cheese, club together to buy a subscription that lasts all year. Our faves include Winedab, My Chocolate Box, The Cheeseclub, Astral Collective, Bella Box NZ, My Treat, and Little and Luxe
Make your Christmas better for you and better for our environment! Take a peek at how you can use Joyable to buy someone special their dream gift without anyone even having to hit the shops this Christmas!